Wataneya offers the Beit El Helm Award in the form of financial and technical assistance (training courses) to institutional homes that provide exemplary services and best adhere to the standards of alternative care ratified by the government in 2014.
The event was first launched in 2015, in collaboration with the Drosos Foundation and MBC Al Amal, at a press conference attended by Social Solidarity Minister Ghada Waly.
The Beit El Helm judging panel is comprised of experts and professionals in the field:
- Dr. Abdel Hamid Kabch – Physiotherapy and rehabilitation specialist
- Dr. Hala Hammad – Consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Dr. Moez El Shohdi – Egyptian Food Bank and Regional Food Banking Network CEO
- Dr. Heba Wagih – Psychology professor at the American University in Cairo
- Dr. Sahar Attia – Professor of architecture at Cairo University’s faculty of engineering
- Ms. Nahla El Nemr – Head of Institutional Evaluation at Wataneya
The first cycle of Beit El Helm concluded in 2015, with the award going out to four institutional homes, while the second cycle took place in 2017 with six institutions receiving the prize.
The aim of the award is to:
- Highlight the accomplishments of institutions that have successfully implemented quality care guidelines.
- Raise awareness about the benefits of following quality guidelines.
- Draw public attention to the importance of supporting institutional homes to continue offering quality care.
Beit El Helm Award has allowed Wataneya’s reach to extend to:
Beit El Helm comprises five award categories for:
Institutional homes that do not win also receive:
- A full evaluation of their organizational performance and aspects that can be improved
- Entry into Watanaya’s database and network of contacts
- Access to networking opportunities through Wataneya
- Access to Wataneya’s different programs and services